Tuesday, August 5, 2014

A Movie and a Planning Meeting

Today was the last day of Regal Cinemas Summer Express program, which showed two different kids' movies at 10AM on Tuesdays and Wednesdays all summer.  We couldn't go on Wednesdays so we saw one of the two movies for eight weeks and we got in free this week because if you attended at least one of the two days the first eight weeks, the last week was free.  Today we saw Mr. Sherman and Peabody and my husband joined us and we all loved it.  My son laughed out loud quite a few times, which is becoming more and more rare as he grows up.  I enjoyed that sound every bit as much as I enjoyed the movie.

Afterward I went to a meeting about planning this school year's activities for a homeschool group we attended last year.  This year I'm helping with the planning and doing some of the teaching.  I'm excited about this year, even if I'm nervous too.  I've taught for homeschoolers before but it's very different from teaching to adults, which I've done for the last sixteen years.  That comes to an end this week so it's a bit ironic that I'm about to start teaching kids.

Nothing new to report about curriculums, I've looked at the offerings on the Homeschool Buyer's Co-op a time or two.  So far I've resisted the urge to buy more materials when I'm not sure that I don't have everything I need.  It's a battle sometimes, though, my inclination is that more is better.  I want to give him everything, to feed that mind of his everything I can get my hands on, but I temper that desire with logic; he needs to be part of the conversation too and I don't want to smother him with a constant stream of new materials.

What curriculum/materials are you planning to use this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment