Monday, August 4, 2014

Therapeutic Adventure Camp of Orange

I've been a bit scattered after a major change at work and normally my stress doesn't impact my son, but today it almost did.  Somehow I completely forgot that the Therapeutic Adventure Camp of Orange (TACO) started today.  My son loves that camp, he's happier and more animated when I pick him up than I see him just about any other time.  I've been parenting a child with ASD for many, many years and most of the time I can juggle everything I need to juggle, but sometimes things get overwhelming and it's hard not to beat myself up over it.  I wonder if that happens to all parents of special needs kids?  After I dropped him off at camp I gave myself a pep talk about forgiveness and self care, but I wanted to mention that it happened because I think it's important to recognize your flaws, own them, and then move on... which is code for thinking I have to be perfect. :)

We don't have to be perfect, we just have to do our best.

I've made no progress with curriculum selection, but we still have time.

No comments:

Post a Comment